Marc-Michaels is always looking for talented and motivated individuals. To apply for an open position with Marc-Michaels, please complete the form below.
Interior Design Careers with Marc-Michaels
Marc-Michaels is always looking for talented and motivated individuals. A team-focused foundation and commitment to design excellence has earned our firm a consistent top ranking in the country within our specialties, and we are searching for people who desire to be a part of this success. Benefits include 401k, health and dental insurance.
To apply for an open position with Marc-Michaels, please complete the form below.
Position is based out of our Winter Park Office.
Come join the Marc-Michael’s Interior Design team as our newest Purchasing/Expediting Specialist! This role coordinates the ordering, shipping, and delivery tracking for all projects, acting as a liaison between the design staff, vendors, and warehouses. Our ideal candidate will have strong communication, organizational, and creative problem-solving skills. Attention to detail is a must, and the ability to prioritize effectively is essential to balance multiple ongoing projects simultaneously. You will be working closely with our design teams and accounting department to ensure all items are tracked, input, paid in full and delivered in advance of installations.
Marc-Michaels Interior Design, Inc. is a nationally recognized interior design firm specializing in high-end residential, model merchandising, and commercial spaces. A team-focused foundation to create design excellence has earned our firm a consistent top ranking in the country within our specialties. We offer excellent salary, exceptional PTO & holiday benefits, medical benefits, and 401k plan.
Key Skills Required
- SUPERIOR SPREADSHEETS SKILLS IN EXCEL
- GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF FREIGHT TERMS/FREIGHT COMPANIES/CLAIMS PROCEDURES
- GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR COMMUNICATING WITH SUPPORT PERSONNEL AND PROJECT MANAGERS
- STRONG ANALYTICAL, PROBLEM SOLVING AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL SKILLS
- GOOD PLANNING AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS TO BALANCE AND PRIORITIZE WORK
- EXPERIENCED IN WORK AND OUTLOOK
- MAINTAIN ALL AP ACCOUNTS (WITH A P MANAGE R) FOR MARC -MICHAELS INTERIOR DE SIGN , INC., AND MARC- MICHAELS INTERIOR DESIGN INTERNATIONAL, LLC AS IT RELATES TO ORDERING MERCHANDISE
- PERIODICALLY FOLLOW UP ON THE STATUS OF EACH LINE ITEM FOR EVERY PROJECT ASSIGNED AND PROVIDE REGULAR STATUS UPDATES TO TH E DESIGN TEAMS
- MAINTAIN PROPER RECORD OF ALL COMMUNICATION WITH VENDORS AND PROVIDE REGULAR STATUS UPDATES TO DESIGN TEAMS
- INPUT STATUS DAILY OF ALL ORDERS IN ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE AND ENSURE REGULAR STATUS UPDATES TO THE DESIGN TEAMS
- COORDINATE PAYMENT WITH AP OF ALL INVOICES FOR LINE ITEMS ENTERED IN AP
- COORDINATE WITH AR THE PROPER INVOICING OF ALL MERCHANDISE/FREIGHT AND OTHER INCIDENTALS TO CLIENTS
- WILL INTERACT WITH ALL DESIGN TEAMS/OTHER PERSONNEL TO ENABLE THE PROPER BILLING TO ALL CLIENTS
- COMMUNICATE WITH DESIGN TEAMS OF ANY POTENTIAL PROBLEMS WITH AN ORDER
- COMMUNICATE ALL LINE IT EMS NEEDING ATTENTION TO DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING AND CEO, PRIOR TO ALERTING THE DESIGN TEAMS
- COORDINATE DELIVERY OF MERCHANDISE TO PLATINUM DESIGN TRADE SERVICES, INC., OR OTHER WAREHOUSE AS LOCATION OF THE PROJECT WARRANTS
- INVESTIGATE WAREHOUSE LOCATIONS FOR PROJECTS IN THE EVENT PLATINUM CANNOT BE USED
- OUTLINE FOR CEO ALL LI NE ITEMS FOR EACH PROJECT NEEDING PAYMENT BY IMPORTANCE. THE PRIORITZATION CHECK REQUESTS NEEDS TO BE COORDINATED WITH THE PROJECT MANAGER/PROJECT TEAM
Education and Experience
- HIGH SCHOOL
- FIVE OR MORE YEARS OF EXPEDITING EXPERIENCE